WORDS Valerie Wangnet
The end of semester is often a time of stress, last-minute panics and poor time management. Here are some quick tips to help you get through the last couple of weeks of Semester One:
- Get a good night’s sleep, especially before a big exam.
- Get organised – sort out your lecture notes, study desk and most importantly, your time management.
- Get tidy – use labels, separate folders or even colour codes. Allocate one specific place for all your uni work to avoid losing things.
- Divide up your time by allocating a set amount of hours to study per day. Reserve time for regular short breaks.
- Get fresh air – moving around and getting a change of scenery will help prevent fatigue.
- Make sure to check up on iLearn for any important and helpful messages from lecturers, or even helpful hints from fellow students on the forums!
- Find out where you can access past papers, and get familiar with the exam structure and nature of the questions.
- Think about what the main topics are, and which topics have not yet been assessed.
- Devote a set amount of time to each question during the exam. If you run out of time, answer in bullet points rather than leaving a question blank.